A few years back, I stumbled on Korean lip mask sheets during a vacation in the Middle East. Although I was tempted to buy one in each flavor, but the organic mama in me just wouldn’t let me buy a chemical loaded sheet mask. But I liked the idea and decided to try a toxic-free version of lip mask. So here goes a crazy mama’s top pick of DIY lip mask recipe.
Top 5 DIY Lip Mask Recipes:
Home lip treatment is very easy and affordable, and it is equally effective. Consistency is the key if you want to treat your chapped lips and turn them into luscious pink beauties. Today I’ll be sharing tried and tested recipes for overnight lip mask, DIY lip plumping mask, hydrating lip mask, collagen lip mask and a bonus recipe for how to get pink lips naturally in a week.
- It is best to do a patch test for each mask to make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients being used. All recipes are different versions of DIY lip mask without yogurt.
- I do not use a plastic wrap to cover my lips for the overnight lip treatment; you can use a cling film or a cut out from a clean plastic bag for the rest of my lip masks.
Overnight Lip Mask:
I am using Vaseline for this overnight lip mask you can also opt for shea butter or coconut oil. I prefer Vaseline because of its consistency. The heat from your body melts the coconut oil and shea butter, making it slightly messy. Jojoba oil is packed with fatty acids hence keeping the lips moisturized.
Vitamin e capsule 2
Jojoba oil 2 drops
- Mix all ingredients using spatula or butter knife and empty the mixture into an airtight container.
- Before applying the overnight lip mask, gently cleanse your lips, I dab a bit of coconut oil on a cotton ball and use it to cleanse my lips.
- Now gently massage the lips using a lip scrub brush, or you can make your vegan lip scrub at home, it’s pretty easy.
- Once you are done scrubbing, thoroughly wash off the lip scrub and pat dry.
- Now apply the overnight lip mask using your fingertip and voila! You have just successfully treated your lips without using chemically loaded substances.
Exfoliating Collagen Lip Mask:
Kiwi and strawberries are collagen stimulating fruits, which means that these can be used to slow down the aging process.
Mashed kiwi 1tsp
Mashed strawberry 1tsp
Vitamin E Capsule 1
Brown sugar/ ground coffee 1tsbp
- Mix all ingredients, using the curved backside of a spoon, apply the mixture generously on your lips. Cover your lips with a cling film. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cling film and gently massage the remaining lip mask mixture on your lips. Wash it off, pat dry and apply a lip balm or DIY lip oil.
Hydrating Honey and Aloe Vera Lip Mask:
Aloe Vera gel has soothing properties; it is ideal for irritated, chapped lips. Honey is rich in antioxidants, plus it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties. The healthy enzymes in honey help lighten the lips as well. Hence the ideal DIY summer lip scrub and mask.
Aloe Vera Gel 1tsp
Brown Sugar 1tsp
- Mix all ingredients in a clean bowl. Cleanse your lips thoroughly using a mild cleanser like coconut oil.
- Thoroughly apply the hydrating lip mask on your lips using the curved side of a spoon. Apply cling film to cover the lips. Leave it on for 10 to 12 minutes and then remove the cling film.
- Gently massage your lips with the leftover lip mask for 5 to 7 minutes, then wash it off.
- Pat dry and apply a lip balm or lip oil.
DIY Cinnamon Lip Plumping Mask:
If you are looking for a DIY lip plumpers to get fuller lips without using chemicals, then this cinnamon lip plumping mask is just the thing you need. It’s free from toxins, and all ingredients used are easily available in the kitchen. This lip mask might cause slight irritation.
Cinnamon powder 1tsp
Peppermint essential oil 3 drops
- Mix all ingredients in a clean bowl using a butter knife. Cleanse your lips thoroughly and apply the mixture generously, gently massage the plumping lip mask on your lips and cover with a cling film or plastic wrap.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes. This lip mask will cause slight irritation. Wash off the mask after 10 minutes. Pat dry your lips and apply Vaseline or a lip balm. You can also use a homemade lip oil as aftercare.
DIY Lip Mask for Red Lips:
Getting a tint of cherry red on your lips naturally while treating those dry, chapped lips is as easy as it can get. How to make lips red naturally, you ask? It is pretty simple; I will be using beetroot powder to add tint to this lip mask. With a slight change of ingredients, this recipe can also be used to create tinted lip balm.
Beetroot powder ½ tsp
Jojoba oil 2drops
- Mix all ingredients in a clean glass bowl. I prefer using a glass bowl because the mixture won’t stain it. Cleanse your lips gently. Scrub the dead skin off from your lips using a lip scrub.
- Using a cotton swab apply the red lip mask on your lips. Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes then wash it off.
- Pat dry your lips and apply a lip balm or lip oil.
Gibt es eine erste Erektionsstorung Ed Generika? Sie sind hier Med Generique France. Wird der professionellen Beratung im Vertrauen helfen. I could not resist commenting. Well written Blog Francaise! Another reason some people prefer Sildenafil, compared to Levitra or http://www.associazionebottesini.com/farmacia_online_in_italia.htm