Chapped lips tend to get worse during winters unless cared for beforehand. Lips have sensitive skin, which is easily damaged by sunlight, dry climate, or using harsh and unreliable products.
This pretty much sums up why I prefer a DIY cinnamon lip balm instead of a store-bought product. A DIY lip balm is pocket and environment-friendly and is an ideal product to add in your give away Christmas gift bags.
The Best Cinnamon Lip Balm Recipe:
This DIY cinnamon essential oil lip balm can be used as a sunscreen for lips; it can also be used overnight as a lip mask. Cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants whereas she abutter will retain the moisture in your lips.
Carrot seed oil acts as a natural sunscreen, while vitamin E rejuvenates your skin. Beeswax adds up to the texture of lip balm, and it will give your lip balm the desirable consistency. You can use empty lip balm tubes or airtight containers. I’ve cleaned up some old lipstick tubes and used those.
Bees Wax 2tbsp
She Butter 2tbsp
Vitamin E capsule 3capsule
Cinnamon essential oil 4drops
Cinnamon Powder 1 pinch
Carrot seed Oil 3drops
Lip balm tubes
- Heat beeswax and shea butter in a double boiler. Keep stirring until the mixture melts, then turn off the flame.
- Add the rest of ingredients in it and mix well.
Dip a toothpick into the mixture and place it on a clean surface, it should have a waxy coating, neither too hard to apply nor to thin and runny.
- If your Lip balm is runny and doesn’t solidify then don’t panic. Melt a half teaspoon of beeswax in a separate double boiler and pour it into the prepared mixture.
- If the mixture is too thick then nightly heat it in a double boiler and coconut oil as required.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm tubes or containers.
Cleanse your lips thoroughly then gently scrub off the dead skin with a lip scrub. You can pick one of the regular DIY lip scrubs or the DIY plumping lip scrubs to compliment your new homemade cinnamon lip balm. Rinse with water, pat dry, and apply lip balm.
Do not get carried away by the tempting aroma of cinnamon, adding too much of this can cause irritation.
Crazy Mama Tip:
Mix fine glitter or scrapings of your favorite lip color to add tint and customize the lip balm.
Cinnamon Lip balm Recipe Without Shea-butter:
The recipe for cinnamon lip balm without shea butter follows almost the same set of ingredients and directions. In this recipe Shea butter from the basic DIY cinnamon lip balm recipe is substituted with solid butter.
Bees Wax 2Tbsp
Coconut Oil 2Tbsp
Solid Butter 1Tbsp
Cinnamon Essential oil 10-15 drops
Lip balm tubes
- Heat beeswax, coconut oil and solid butter in a double boiler. Keep stirring until the mixture melts, then turn off the flame.
- Add the cinnamon essential oil in it and mix well.
This team, according to Challenges how can i get a few levitra magazine. Tips and ways to save for Viagra (Sildenafil), according to the is there a pill that will help with ed after a heartattack Washington Post. Ahaa, its good dialogue concerning this piece of writing here at this weblog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting