Getting fuller, plump lip no longer requires painful cosmetic treatments that will cost you an arm and a leg and might have a long list of side effects. There are many benefits of making your lip plumper at home; with crazy mamas’ recipes for a DIY lip plumper, you can achieve the same results by using in-expensive stuff already available in your kitchen pantry. Homemade lips plumper is free from toxic ingredients that are harmful to our health and our environment too.
How a DIY Lip Plumper Works:
How to plump lips with sugar? you ask, these DIY Lip plumper works by using natural irritants for a vasodilating effect (widening of the blood vessels). This widening of the blood vessels causes that specific area to swell for some time, hence the full and plump lips. Follow these lip plumping hacks to get plump lips without botox.
Crazy Mamas’ Homemade Lip Plumper:
I’ll start by sharing my basic DIY lip plumper recipe and move on to a variety of tried and tested DIY lip plumper recipes like a cinnamon lip plumper, cayenne pepper lip plumper, and vegan lip plumper.
The concept is to use natural, non-toxic irritants such as a variety of spices like cinnamon and cayenne pepper along with base oil. For oil base, you can use a variety of ingredients such as:
- Cocoa butter/Shea Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Lip balm
- Vegan Lip balm
Mix your irritants into the oil base, pour into small lip balm tubes or airtight containers, and use once daily.
How to Use a Lip Plumper
Like this crazy mama, if you are obsessed with organic products, then start by cleansing your lips using cold-pressed coconut oil.
- Exfoliate your lips gently using a mild lip scrub. You can buy a commercial lip scrub or make one at home using our quick DIY lip scrub recipe.
- Wash and pat your lips dry after exfoliating your lips very gently. Apply lip plumper of your choice on your lips. Massage gently and leave the plumper on your lips for a good 5 to 7 minutes.
- This might sting a bit, that’s just the lip plumping irritants doing their thing and causing the lips to be plump.
- Wash your lips clean after approximately 7 minutes. Pat dry and apply lip oil. Yes, crazy mama has a recipe for DIY Homemade lip oil too, and as usual, you’ll use most of the ingredients already available in your pantry for this lip oil recipe.
The Spicy Lip Plumper Recipe Using Essential Oils:
As the name suggests, this recipe uses spices as irritants to plump your lips. By using this recipe, you can make cinnamon and peppermint lip plumber. You can also create two specific varieties like DIY cinnamon lip plumper by ditching peppermint essential oil. I prefer using both together in one recipe. It results in plumper lips.
Coconut oil/Olive oil 1tbsp
Cinnamon essential oil 7 drops
Clove essential oil 3 drops
Vitamin E capsules (400mg) 3 capsules
- Lightly heat the coconut oil and add the essential oils. Empty three vitamin capsules into the mixture and mix well. Pour the lip plumper into lip balm tube and place it in the refrigerator in an upright position.
- Do not use more for than 5 to 7 minutes, once daily.
- It is recommended to keep the DIY lip plumper refrigerated during hot and humid weather.
Crazy Mama Tip: Get creative with the DIY lip plumping recipes by adding fine glitter and color of your choice. Scrape off some color from lipstick of your choice and mix it to DIY lip plumper before setting it in lip balm tubes.
- Excessive use can cause skin burn or too much irritation leading to sensitive skin.
- Always do a patch test before using DIY lip plumper.
- Do not use on cracked and bruised or injured skin.
Two in One; Lip Plumping Scrub:
The good thing about DIY lip plumping scrubs is that it’s a two in one (lip scrub and plumper) quick fix for lazy people like me, also for people short of time with kids banging on the bathroom door as if the house is on fire.
Lip plumping scrubs are just as easy to make. We will use the basic DIY lip plumper recipe and add powdered spices or granulated sugar to it to act as an exfoliant. The gentle friction from exfoliation will also assist with plumping of the lips, and cayenne will swell up those lips, making it full and plump.
Cayenne pepper ¼ tsp
Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
Vitamin E capsules (400mg) 3
Coconut oil 2tsb
- In a double boiler, melt beeswax; add coconut oil, irritant, and exfoliants (cayenne pepper, cinnamon).
- Empty vitamin capsules into the mixture, stir and pour into lip balm tubes or small lip balm tins.
Moisturizing Vegan Lip Plumper Recipe:
Behold! The ultimate tried and tested, cruelty-free, moisturizing vegan DIY lip plumper recipe.
Cold-pressed coconut oil 1tsp
Almond oil 1tsp
Cocoa butter: 1tbsp
Powdered cloves ¼ tsp
Powdered cinnamon ½ tsp
Peppermint essential oil 4drops
Olive oil ½ tsp
- Melt cocoa butter and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Turn off the flame and add almond oil, powdered cloves, and cinnamon plus the peppermint essential oil.
- Mix well and pour into lip balm tubes refrigerate till use.
Lush Lip Plumper:
You can use your luscious lip gloss as DIY lip plumper on the go. Just add a few drops of peppermint essential oil and Clove essential oil to your lip gloss.
DIY Lip Plumping Balm:
- Scoop out your favorite lip balm using a spatula or a butter knife.
- Mix in 3to4 drops of cinnamon essential oil and 1/4th tsp of cayenne pepper powder. You can even add a dash of fine glitter because who doesn’t love glitters?
- Scoop the mixture back into the lip balm tube, and you are good to go with your new shiny DIY lip plumping balm.
Other Crazy Mama Tips for Plump Lips:
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking 6 to 8 glass of water. You’ll be able to ditch chapped lips too if you are well hydrated. In order to know how much water should you be ideally drinking; divide your body weight in pounds by 2. You’ll have the amount of water in ounces that you should be consuming.
- Notice how I mentioned drinking “water” and not just drinking liquids, which could be anything ranging from Alcohol to Juice or coffee.
- Exfoliate regularly; once daily.
- A lip workout; Yes you heard me right (or rather read it) there are exercises for lips too and these are fairly easy. Start by joining your lips together, as you do while applying a lip pencil. Press both lips against each other firmly (not teeth). Hold it for 5 seconds and then relax. Do it 4 times daily.
- Follow these guidelines and get healthier, plumper lips without an expensive cosmetic lip job!
FAQ about DIY Lip Plumper from Readers:
- Can you Apply Lip plumper repeatedly during the day?
- It is recommended that you do not apply lip plumper more than 2 to 3 times a day.
- How long does the plumping effect last? Is it permanent?
- No the plumping effect from DIY lip plumper is not permanent. On average, the duration of effect lasts for 3 to 7 hours; it varies from person to person. Everyone’s skin reacts differently to different ingredients.
- The ingredients that are being used to create DIY Lip plumper, can these result in skin rash?
- Generally, no, but some people might be allergic to some of the ingredients that are being used. It is best to do a patch test, as recommended earlier.
What to expect from viagra generique sans ordonnance, updated at 10:44 AM EDT on Jun 6, please see the menu items Al Idrisi and Partnership. Kontaktieren Sie uns most expensive common prescription drugs! Professionelle Beratung und Garantie. The effectivity of Viagra, or how long Viagra will last for natural cialis alternatives