In addition to unappealing, chapped lips can be very painful and irritating too. The condition gets worse with the arrival of cold, dry winter breeze. Not even lip balms and chapsticks are able to resolve the condition. This is where DIY lip oils come in handy. So let us get started on how to make a lip oil at home?
Best DIY Lip Oil Recipe Ever:
As many skincare products, good quality lip oils are high-priced, and for a DIY enthusiast like me, this presented me with an opportunity to make lip oil at home. Read on for a DIY lip oil recipe that is sure to resolve chapped, dry and dark lips.
Crazy Mama Tip: Always use a tinted bottle or dark container to store your DIY lip oil. The essential oils and vitamins used in DIY lip oil might lose its therapeutic properties when it comes in contact with sunlight.
How to Use Lip Oil?
Although lip oil can be used several times during the day, the following procedure should be followed at least once daily, preferably before bedtime for an easy DIY home lip treatment.
- Cleanse your lips thoroughly, and I use coconut oil for this purpose.
- It is essential that you exfoliate your lips once daily, go through our Ultimate lip scrub guide to know about the benefits of exfoliating your lips regularly.
- Exfoliate using a lip scrub brush, or you can try a sugar lip scrub of your choice from our DIY lip scrub recipes. Wash off the lip scrub and pat dry your lips.
- Apply lip oil of your choice and get lush lips in just a few days.
I prefer lip balms during summers ( due to their consistency, lip balms are less messy) and lip oils during the winter season to keepmy lips hydrated.
Translucent Lip Oil Recipe:
Rose geranium oil like coconut oil is rich in antioxidants and is commonly used in skin care products like lotions. It also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Jojoba oil is rich in fatty acids; this locks the moisture in your skin, whereas carrot seed oil contains bioflavonoid; it is also a natural sunscreen.
Coconut oil 1tsp
Almond Oil 4drops
Vitamin E capsule 4
Jojoba Oil 3drops
Carrot seed oil 3drops
Olive Oil ½ tsp
Rose geranium oil 2drops
- Lightly heat coconut oil over a candle. Stir all ingredients in a bowl. Puncture vitamin E capsule and empty into the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the lip oil into an empty roll-on lip container or a clean lip gloss container.
- To apply lip oil, cleanse your lips then gently exfoliate lips using a lip scrub. Pat dry your lips and apply lip oil.
- This DIY lip oil can be used several times during the day.
Tinted Lip Oil:
This all-natural lip oil gives your lips a subtle rosy tint without the guilt of using toxic ingredients. I’ve used the basic lip oil recipe mentioned above with an added ingredient, which is Shea butter and beetroot powder. Shea butter is used to slightly change the consistency of DIY tinted lip oil so that it stays on longer whereas beetroot powder gives the lip oil a nice rosy int.
Shea Butter 2tbsp
Coconut oil 1tsp
Jojoba Oil 4drops
Vitamin E capsule 5
Carrot seed Oil 4drops
- Melt Shea butter by heating in a double boiler. Pour in coconut oil.
- Add beetroot powder and mix well. Now stir in the rest of ingredients, mix and pour the DIY lip oil in empty lip balm tube or air-tight containers.
Tip: You can also use scrapings of your favorite lipstick for a tint. Add the scrapings while melting Shea butter in a double boiler.
Lip Oil Gloss:
This lush lip gloss is sure to give your lips that extra shine, making them appear plumper and luscious. This Lip oil lip gloss has a relatively dense consistency because of castor oil and stays on longer.
Castor oil 2Tsp
Jojoba oil 1/2tsp
Coconut oil 1/2tsp
Essential oil of choice
Lip tint of choice
lip gloss tube
Mix all ingredients and pour inside a used or new lip gloss tube.
I’ve used cinnamon essential oil because I love the spicy aroma that it gives.
For color, I used my favorite shade of lip gloss by Lancôme.
Can Stress and Anxiety Cause erectile dysfunction? Here SvApoteketSe.com See your doctor if you suspect that you may have a substance http://www.nosolobebes.com/online-apotheke-de.html. Questo approccio Viagra ci ha permesso di agevolare gli utenti grazie all’ampia scelta di metodi Cialis di pagamento offerti da http://www.laneuvilleroy.fr/de.php.