When it comes to organic and natural skincare products especially DIY’s, essential oils play a vital role. Not only are they used to add fragrance but also for their distinct beneficial properties for skin. Be it DIY plumping lip balms or homemade sugar scrubs. I always prefer using essential oils instead of artificial scents and flavoring. So for this homemade lip gloss with essential oils recipe I will start with how to safely use essentials oils for skincare and their benefits.
What Essential Oils are Safe For Lips?
So a friend while helping me with a batch of peppermint lip gloss pops up a question “Is Peppermint essential oil safe for lips?” This further led us to discuss which essential oils are safe for lips and can be incorporated in skincare and cosmetics. By the way, Peppermint essential oil is entirely safe to use for lips as long as you use it correctly.
- Essential oils should NEVER be used directly on your skin in concentrated form! Always dilute it with a carrier or base oil.
- Every Essential oil has a different set of characteristics, do your research, and use the ones beneficial for your skin type.
- Always do a patch test before using essential oils; some people might be allergic to a specific essential oil.
Following essential oils are safe to use on lips:
- Carrot seed
- Rose geranium
- Tea Tree
Essential Oil Lip Gloss Recipe
So, how do you make natural lip gloss? You ask. I will be sharing the basic essential oil lip gloss recipe using Vaseline, and you can incorporate essential oil of your choice to it. I generally use one essential oil, but you guys can opt for a combination of essential oils that you like, such as orange and cinnamon.
DIY Peppermint Lip Gloss Recipe
Peppermint essential oil has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties beside the amazingly refreshing aroma. Do not be tempted to use too much peppermint essential oil; it will cause irritation and might sting.
Castor Oil 2Tbsp
Vitamin E 3
Peppermint Essential oil 3drops
Pigmentation Mica powder, glitter, eye shadow
Lip gloss tubes
- Melt Vaseline on a double boiler.
- Add castor oil, glycerin and empty the vitamin E capsule in the bowl too. Mix with Vaseline.
- Add pigmentation and peppermint essential oil, stir and inject in lip gloss tubes using a syringe. I prefer using a syringe because it is less messy and easy to handle.
- Leave the lip gloss tubes open for 5 to 7 minutes in an upright position so that the gloss cools down before sealing it.
Other similar photos can be found on Reddit and Yelp, and http://lepanam.com/ed/viagra-information-sv.html. Sildenafil ist hier http://www.chovin.fr/viagra-en-france/. Unser Angebot wird Sie interessieren! If you are on a personal connection, your brain will not stimulate the release of any nitric oxide and you will not produce forum any cGMP.